ANOTHER LOOK AT ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

Margot Robbie, Once Upon A Time ... In Hollywood (2019)

After purchasing and re-watching this recently, some key points have emerged ...

1) THE "INFAMOUS" BRUCE LEE SCENE ISN'T INFAMOUS

To all the Bruce Lee worshippers who have their panties in a bunch, go rewatch this after that scene that's got you so upset! In particular, the one where Margot watches herself at the movies. Then another quickie scene later on. 

!!TARANTINO MEANS NO ILL-WILL!! 

Miss me with all your moral indignation. I see now why I didn't feel anything like you did in the slightest, both initially and again now. 

2) BRAD PITT IS A BAD ASS!! 

Just one of the coolest guys around. The guy you REALLY want to be friends with. Despite the "infamous" Bruce Lee scene ... "infamous" *eye roll emoji* 

*As Pitt wins the SAG Award for Supporting Actor as I write this. So the actors of Hollywood have recognized him as the year's best Supporting actor ... good to know, and I'm happy!"*

3) IT'S LONG BUT DOESN'T DRAG OUT AND IS WORTH IT IN THE END

It's long, but each time now, It's kept my attention all the way through. Plus it's Tarantino, a veteran filmmaker. He's earned it, same with Scorsese and "The Irishman". They can do a 3 or 4 hour movie. 

And that's because ... 

4) TARANTINO BRINGS THE CARRIAGE BACK FULL CIRCLE COME THE END

When the ending credits appear on screen, it all PERFECTLY makes sense! And I realized I like this a whole lot more than I initially did. Why I wasn't bothered by and loved the ending to Inglorious Basterds, my favorite Tarantino film. 

5) OVERALL I LOVED IT, BUT IT'S STILL A IMPERFECT FILM 

I loved it, but not enough to change any year end slots though. Still didn't make the top 10 cut. "Two Popes" knocked it out of the list. So still No. 11, but still an amazing film that I'm glad I purchased, own forever, and have watched again, 3 hour run-time and all. Tarantino's one of my top 5 favorite directors of all time, I'm okay with it.

Comments

Popular Posts